Tuesday, November 25, 2008


I just read this article about this artist, Andres Serrano, who is obviously old news because his show came and went in Sept/Oct.  He really sorta pissed me off. What a fucker!  It seems like the prime example of artists becoming old, lazy, and self indulgent.  I am not against self-indulgence-don' get me wrong.  If you're inspired-then by all means, whatever.  But if you are lazy and tired, then get out of here.  When I first started the article and realized that he took pictures of his own shit for his exhibit-I thought, ok, sounds pretty disgusting, but I get it. Is art shit/Is shit art? Could be interesting if well thought out. But no, he stops there. This asshat progresses to quip that he had to have bullshit in the show and for that he went to Ecuador. Oh, Ha Ha Ha-so clever. ZZZZ just fell asleep. Please jump off a bridge.  Have you seen two girls one cup-that's more art than your "bullshit". At least I recoiled at that. At your dumb project I fell asleep. That's bad.

**So the photo of Andres' shit was pulled by the Village Voice (it was crap anyway). I replaced it with a picture of Piss Christ, one of Andres' most famous pieces. I like it better-crucifix in piss, yea that's good!

No comments: